MENU Aldeburgh Phoenix Club

The Aldeburgh Phoenix Club started life as The Aldeburgh Festival Club. It was founded in 1948 , the year of the first Aldeburgh Festival and provided somewhere for Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears - together with the performers and guests, to meet in convivial surroundings.The Festival Club was an integral part of that first Festival event. The Aldeburgh Festival Club became a well established part of the winter and spring social calender in the town. It was closely associated with the Festival but developed over the years into a social and dining club with a guest speaker, meeting weekly. The Club has met in many venues including The Wentworth Hotel , The White Lion, and the Britten Pears Gallery.With the passage of time, the close association with the Aldeburgh Festival diminished and after a number of years of falling membership and lower attendances at events - probably refelecting the changing demographic influences in the town, the Club members in 2014 decded to regenerate the Club and it was formally renamed The Aldeburgh Phoenix Club. Events are now held fortnightly in five different venues including the Aldeburgh Golf Club ... new to us this year.

The Aldeburgh Phoenix Club is now thriving and continues to foster the friendly good fellowhip of its illustrious predecessor . New members and guests are always made very welcome.

If you are interesred in joining us or finding out more about the Club then please send us an email using the Contact Us page on the web site, or telephone Carole the membership secretary on 01728 452 862.